It's the little things


It's the little things : the sun shining, fresh air, a smile from a stranger, a cute unexpected gift from a friend, someone you love taking care of you when you're sick, kindness from someone in the street, a compliment on your outfit, compliments on you freshly new haircut, your favorite song playing on your phone, a new episode of your favorite show, buying freshly baked bread, treating yourself, drinking hot chocolate in a fluffy blanket, watching a great movie with a friend, laughing,...
As I'm writting this post, I just feel genuinely happy. There isn't any special reason. Just an addition a little things making my day good.
I was walking down the street, going home, when this post popped up in my head. There is no real point to it. Maybe just the idea that sometimes, you don't need a lot to be happy. I mean, it's the little things, right ?
So this post is going to be a light, happy, post. Maybe it will make your day better ? Maybe I will make your smile. I hope I do.


Today I woke up today to a bright sun and a blue sky. It's February and it's been raining for a week now, everyday. Yesterday I was thinking about how much this rain was annoying me. The kind of rain that makes the sky grey and gives us so little light. 
How happy was I, when I saw the sun ! 
A friend was staying over at my flat and left this morning. I took a walk to the supermarket (as I don't own a car) which is close to my flat. It was so nice. I felt very good. Although it's only 7 degrees outside, a big oversize jumper and the sun make it okay. Totally okay. 

I don't have class today before 4;50pm (until 6:20) which means the day is all mine. I have some school work to do, of course, but I planning on taking my time, enjoying it.

Of course, you don't really care about that, do you ?
I guess this is just going quite a boring post but I felt the need to write here. I was on "vacantion" for a week and a few nice things happened to me. Simple little things that put a wide smile on my face. Maybe I'll write another post about them...?

Do you sometimes have those days ? You just feel light and happy ?
I wrote a blog post about Happiness (read it here) where I talked about the book "3 kiffs par jour". To be honest, I haven't done that for a while now. Life just got busy. I forgot. 
But tell me : what are your three happy though of the day ? Please, tell me in the comments, I would love to know ! 

I'll give you mine : 


1. New episode of Pretty Little Liars & Shadowhunters.
2. My morning walk to and from the foodshop.
3. Listening to old songs.


It's only 1:30pm. So many more to come ! 
Now, time for yours ! 

Stay positive and give a smile to a stranger or two. Or a hundred !


Picture from Charleston, back to the best summer ever - soon on the blog.

xoxo





Comments

  1. This was such a lovely post!! :-) really made me smile! My 3 things are
    1. My puppy is slowly starting to listen to me haha!
    2. I've in general been in a good mood!
    3. I've had 2 laughing fits which always makes you feel better haha! Keep up the good work lovely :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment ! I'm glad it made you smile.
      Thode are great 3 things ! I saw pictures of your puppy and he is super cute !

      Delete

Post a Comment